Check out the NMRC’s New Resources, Tools, and Search Features
SEPTEMBER 1, 2016
BY: DELIA GORMAN, MENTOR: THE NATIONAL MENTORING PARTNERSHIP
Check out the National Mentoring Resource Center’s new look, and some great new content that we’ve added to help make the site even more useful and easy to use.
As the number of tools, resources, and information featured on our site grows, we’ve been working to make the National Mentoring Resource Center an even more comprehensive and user-friendly resource hub for the youth mentoring field. We’ve taken action on the feedback we’ve received about the National Mentoring Resource Center website since its launch in 2014, and have some exciting updates about new NMRC resources and tools, as well search features that will help you access the content you’re most interested in. Check out these updates and enhancements, and join the NMRC e-newsletter listserv to receive monthly updates about new and featured content to stay on the cutting-edge of best practices and innovations in the mentoring field.
- On our homepage, we’re now highlighting featured content on a monthly basis to help familiarize you with new and existing high-quality mentoring resources as well as reviews about mentoring programs and practices that we want you to know about.
- We’re also featuring spotlights on our technical assistance providers and the ways they support mentoring programs in meeting their goals, and featured OJJDP mentoring grantees and their use of evidence-based or innovative program practices.
- Interested in finding out more about OJJDP’s mentoring initiatives, the organizations OJJDP funds and upcoming funding opportunities? Visit our new page about OJJDP’s investments in mentoring.
- If you’re looking for NMRC webinars and a calendar of upcoming training and learning opportunities, check out our new Learning Hub.
- We’ve created a video to make requesting no-cost technical assistance through the NMRC even easier. Check it out here.
- Finally, we’ve come up with a couple of ways to make it easier to search for the information you’re most interested in. Our Key Topic page acts as a guided search, compiling all of our site content on major topics of interest to the mentoring field, from Peer Mentoring to Youth with Backgrounds of Involvement with Commercial Sex Activity. Check out our current list of Key Topics here.
- We’re excited to announce our advanced search feature, which allows users to search by a combination of terms or by selecting multiple content types and topics. Our new feature also allows users to search by date range.
We know that the mentoring practitioners, youth development professionals, researchers and other stakeholders who use our site are busy people, and we’re hoping that these updates and enhancement make our site an even more engaging and useful resource. We’d love to hear what you think of these new features!