Featured OJJDP Grantees
As a part of its goal of improving the quality and effectiveness of mentoring across the country, the National Mentoring Resource Center provides specialized assistance to mentoring programs funded by the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention. OJJDP grantees include a diverse array of national, multi-state, and collaborative mentoring organizations that have been funded to strengthen or expand their existing mentoring activities, including one-to-one, group, peer, and other types of mentoring for at-risk and underserved youth populations.
To this end, the National Mentoring Resource Center technical assistance team has reached out to OJJDP grantees who have received funding for mentoring programs, to explore their application of best practices and innovations with regard to mentoring models and practices, as well as their potential technical assistance needs. On this page, we will feature grantees that have explored their technical assistance needs with the NMRC team, and highlight their use of innovative and evidence-based practices or models, as well as technical assistance, to enhance their programming.
- The YMCA’s Reach & Rise® Program Delivers Trauma-Informed, Therapeutic Mentoring
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) Mentoring: Shaping the Dialogue with Law Enforcement
- Saving Lives & Inspiring Youth (S.L.I.Y): A Cross-Age Peer Mentoring Program
- Southwest Key Mentoring Works to Improve Outcomes for Youth in Five States
- 4-H Builds Strong Local Partnerships to Support Underserved Youth in 40 States
- Institute for Educational Leadership (IEL) Provides Strengths-Based, Career-Focused RAMP Mentoring Program
- The Governor’s Prevention Partnership Supports Youth-Initiated Mentoring for Connecticut Youth
- FRIENDS FIRST Leverages the Influence of Teens to Promote Student Success'
- Girls Inc. Mentoring Program Steers Girls towards Bold Futures
- Knoxville Leadership Foundation Spearheads a Collaborative Mentoring Project for Mentoring Organizations in East Tennessee
- Leadership Foundations’ Regional Coaching Model Helps Bridge the Gap between National and Affiliate Mentoring Organizations
- Friends of the Children: Mentoring to Empower Youth in Foster Care and Strengthen Families